Director, Product Marketing
Platform.sh is the end-to-end web platform for agile teams. We enable organizations to focus on what matters most to them–creating great experiences for their customers–instead of infrastructure. Whether they’ve got one site, or 1,000.
We are looking for a Director of Product Marketing to lead the successful launch of new products and services on both a strategic and operational level.
You will work closely with marketing specialists, as well as our rapidly expanding international sales organization, and our product and engineering organization, to plan and execute the successful launch and growth of our product initiatives.
You’ll also drive the growth of existing product lines through enablement of our sales team, and collaboration with our product managers to understand competitors, market opportunities, and gaps in our own products.
As the ideal candidate you will be able to balance both strategic leadership through influence as well as direct execution of your own work to move initiatives forward on a day to day basis.
- Product and feature launch
- Development of product and feature launch plans, with clear and measurable objectives
- Execution of product and feature launches, driving a matrixed team to successful product adoption and revenue growth
- Reporting to executive and product leadership on launch progress
- Ownership of sales enablement strategy and execution
- Accountability for launch materials, co-developed with product management, design, and content teams
- Sales enablement
- Development of selling tools and resources, with Design and Content teams, including competitive positioning documents (e.g. “battle cards”), calculators, messaging, etc.
- Close collaboration with sales team and leadership to refine process, tools, and communication based on shared goals
- Training of sales team on product features and benefits, positioning, and competition
- Product strategy
- Compilation and analysis of competitive intelligence
- Customer advocacy to influence product roadmap decision making
- Market sizing and analysis
- Product growth
- Creation and evolution of source material for product/feature/solution sections of the Platform.sh Web site
- Win/loss analysis, in cooperation with our product and sales leaders
- Data-driven recommendations for digital marketing programs and campaigns based on product, market, and competitive positioning
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with a focus on B2B software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading data-driven decision making in marketing and sales organizations
- Experience leading software product launches and product lifecycle management
Bonus points for:
- Experience in enterprise cloud software, hosting, or developer-focused software
- Experience with Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce
- Experience working within a global, multicultural team, and serving customers in diverse markets
This is a remote position, reporting to the VP of Marketing. Travel of up to 20% may be required.
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy