Sr. React Developer
We are currently growing our development team with proactive, team-oriented, and motivated Senior React developers willing to shape the products of tomorrow, as well as to keep growing their skills and expertise.
As a Senior React Developer, you will blend with BB Agency’s culture and values. As part of our remote team, you will join Marino (Head of Development) along with other talented Developers, Designers, Project Managers, and UX Researchers, who are all passionate about solving creative and functional problems for our clients.
- Development experiences: You will help transition projects from design to working product and help with upgrading new features to existing ones.
- CSS preprocessors: You will build scalable responsive CSS systems with a help of SCSS/SASS preprocessor in order to maintain consistency and visual potency across all devices.
- Internal processes: You will help us improve our internal workflows, playbooks, templates, and processes. We’re a young and agile company and try to maintain a flat hierarchy. We empower you to bring your ideas to the table, improve our processes and take initiative for building the kind of agency you want to work for.
- Grow with us: As part of our strong company culture, you will engage with your team members on a daily basis, work closely with various departments (discovery, branding, design) and have development meetings and standups with Marino, Tomislav, and other team members we work with.
- Help us grow: You will have the opportunity to share your work, knowledge, and impact the other team members across the company. Also, you will be able to attend our daily coordination meeting with all company members.
You are an open-minded person that is focused, determined, good listener, and you aren’t afraid to contribute team with your experience and knowledge. You have an understanding of a standard development workflow.
Preferably you have at least 4 years of experience as a frontend React developer and have worked in a tech company, or as a freelancer on commercial React solutions.
- React: You have multi-year hands-on experience using the React.js framework in commercial projects including React features like functional components and hooks. Also, you have good knowledge of using Redux state manager.
- Systemic and organized: You are well organized and understand the importance of a clean codebase and folder/file structure. We build solutions that can be scaled and used by the whole team (we set up systems based on components).
- Accountable: You have a strong sense of commitment, accountability, and ownership. You are independent and will solve problems by taking matters into your hands if needed. You are a doer. Also, you take great care and attention to design details of tasks that are in front of you.
- Communication: You can easily communicate with your team members and clients, and are confident when it comes to elaborate your code. You will be part of client meetings to showcase your work and progress on a daily basis.
- Languages: You are very fluent in English to engage with all international team members and clients. The majority of our clients are from United States, United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Australia, etc.
- Bonus: You have experience with GraphQL. You have held the position of Team Lead in previous jobs.
What to expect
We value commitment, autonomy, honesty, and willingness to learn. In the end, it’s all about building great experiences for people. We’re modest, simple, and easygoing. Our clients are not flashy — but they make the world go round. If you get excited by building tech that changes people’s lives, you’ll thrive on team BB.
- Make a difference: We’re a small company. Each position that we hire is very autonomous. That means that we’re open to adapt to specific processes and ways of thinking. We want our team to get a say in how we do things and feel a sense of ownership. You will be more than just a cog in a system. You will have the opportunity to build the system.
- Salary: We haven’t decided on the salary range due to this being a remote position. We offer a competitive salary based on your skills, expertise, and location.
- Flexibility: You’ll have the freedom to work flexible hours and maintain a healthy work-life balance. We already operate in multiple time zones and have been doing it for years. We have standard 40 hour work weeks.
- Remote work: We like to think about ourselves as remote-natives. One of the perks of our remote team is that we genuinely trust you to get your job done. You can work from anywhere you see fit. No strings attached. Just make sure you have a decent internet connection.
- Culture: If you’re looking for an agency with a daily happy hour and a ping pong table, we’re probably not the place for you. Our team shares a work ethic that is focused on quality. We hire for openness, willingness to learn, and a curious nature. If you like to work in teams that value great work over loud voices, get in touch.
- 💻 Work computer after the first 3 months.
- 🏝 20+ vacation days, national holidays, and sick leave.
- 📔 Budget for courses, books, conferences.
- ⏰ Fully remote position with flexible working hours.
- 🕛 We’re looking for a full-time hire.
- 🌎 This is a fully remote position.
- 🇪🇺 Looking for people in Europe due to time-zone alignment.
- 🇬🇧 Native or Professional English is a must. All company communication is in English. We’ve got 12 different nationalities represented in our agency.
- 😮 4+ years using React. (it’s a bonus if you already worked in an agency environment or remotely).
- 🔮 We’re interested in autonomous and proactive individuals that aren’t afraid to make mistakes, learn along the way, and grow with the agency.
- 💸 Competitive salary based on your location and experience. We did not define a specific range for the position due to hiring all over Europe.
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy