Influencer Marketing Strategist
GMR Marketing is in search of an Influencer Marketing Strategist to find ways to integrate creators & culture into our stories and experiences that make our work ingenious, influential, and unforgettable. Our Strategy team plays a key role throughout the lifecycle of an account, grounding our work in human behavior and insight – using our unique mix of art & science to drive memory making on behalf of our client’s brands. This role will be critical in our group of highly collaborate, cross-disciplinary strategists as you lead and support the evolution of our approach, integration, and ideations of GMR’s influencer marketing services and solutions. You’ll be a vital partner for our client and internal teams as we search for meaningful, authentic, and buzzworthy ways to collaborate with talent, creators, and influencers to activate and amplify our client’s programs.
- You’re a leader. You are comfortable in a position where others look to you for leadership and mentorship.
- You’re inclusive. You effectively build a positive culture within a workspace and elevating the voice of the consumer and your colleagues. You’re passionate about fostering a safe, inclusive and inspiring environment.
- You’re innovative. You work with cross-functional teams and clients to understand their business needs and create marketing programs to suit their needs while thoughtfully challenging convention and malaise.
- You’re a problem-solver. You work with internal departments to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of client program needs. You can oversee programs across all platforms and lines of business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Strategy & Execution
- Work with our Senior Strategy Director to integrate influencer marketing through our work from kickoff through final deliverables, including discovery, analysis, ideation, and communication development.
- Collaborate with Strategy, Research, Talent, and Creative teams to identify and communicate opportunities where creators may be used to support and augment experiences and media partnerships.
- Work with our internal teams and brands to digest and understand complex and sophisticated briefs with a critical and proactive eye.
- Conduct and synthesize relevant research into insights that shape communications, social, and influencer recommendations and strategies – specifically leveraging social listening and analysis tools like Netbase and Affinio.
- Develop and articulate innovative social, content, influencer, and media partnership strategies that achieve client goals and incorporate best practices.
- Successfully manage influencer campaigns through the development of communication & activation strategies through content development and tactical plans.
- Manage influencer identification process, communications, and facilitate contracting and asset management through appropriate tools and channels.
- Maintain positive relationships with influencers and agency partners.
- Ensure the delivery of goods and services of influencers across multiple campaigns and clients.
- Lead the active review and approval of branded content with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and pivot based on performance, trends, or client needs, including development of new materials or workflows.
Growth & Business Development
- Proactively identify and articulate incremental opportunities that further clients’ goals and expand our work based on performance and cultural trends.
- Develop and deliver social and influencer strategy contributions to RFPs, in partnership with cross-functional GMR teams and interagency groups across Omnicom.
- Ensure projects from established accounts are basing strategy on historic performance data and current trends.
Reporting & Analytics
- Surface qualitative performance trends, optimization opportunities and test & learn territories with actionable recommendations for quick application.
- As part of our performance reports, support the development of the story & narrative of program performance, probing for insights that make for actionable learnings.
- Develop an understanding and strategic perspective of new influencer measurement tools, solutions, and offerings, helping teams apply them strategically to proposals/programs as needed and surface trends and learnings across accounts.
Functional Growth, Research & Education
- Synthesize key trends and information from a variety of sources, including internal data, to inform our approach and educate client and internal teams.
- Proactively research and experiment with emerging influencer tools and programs to develop and present POVs/best practices.
- Prepare and host educational sessions with teams or all employees to ensure everyone is equipped with the best strategies and learnings.
- Contribute to projects that help grow and develop the Strategy practice, including development of new materials, workflows, and services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Media, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in the marketing industry or similar, ideally with extensive experience in talent management and influencer marketing.
- Left and right brain thinker, equally comfortable with technical and creative thinking and expressing concepts to others.
- Excellent and effective communication skills—both internally and externally, written and verbal.
- Strong leadership and social skills, effortlessly working between virtual and in-person environments.
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to work with a group of highly motivated individuals, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Collaborate working style, polished and professional demeanor that projects confidence and enthusiasm for the business
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy