Senior Web Developer
The Senior Web Developer conceives of and operationalizes digital strategies that advance the needs of the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and Partnerships and its various stakeholders while anticipating future opportunities and problems. This individual is a technical lead responsible for overseeing and completing complex tasks related to web development, testing, migration, and maintenance of codebases used to build and maintain hundreds of websites and landing pages.
The Senior Web Developer should be passionate about web development and develops and executes innovative approaches to digital communications that enable Purdue University to reach a larger and more diverse audience, communicate strategic messages, and enhance engagement from internal, prospective, and external stakeholders. The top candidate will be solutions-oriented and have a record of success in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
This position is 100% remote
- Bachelor’s degree in web development, information technology, computer science, or related field
- Four years of relevant professional experience
- In lieu of a degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications
- Understanding of web development best practices, cross-browser compatibility, user-centered design, and usability testing
- Understanding of responsive design and progressive enhancement
- Proficient in PHP, Python, C#/.NET, or equivalent language
- Proficient in MySQL, PostgreSQL, or equivalent RDBMS
- Familiarity with building templates for CMSes and applications
- Familiarity with Node.js build tools
- Familiarity with git or equivalent version control system
- Understanding of Linux server administration
- Proficient in Laravel or Symfony application frameworks
- Familiarity with API-driven development
- Familiarity with Revised Section 508 (WCAG 2.1) website accessibility compliance
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://protect.purdue.edu/protect-purdue-health-center/surveillance-testing-plan/#fall.
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy
Do hou need help writing your resume? Try PurpleCV - CV Writing Services
Related job offers
Do you think that this offer is not related to remote jobs or violates our terms of service? Please report it and help us give you only valuable job offers.