At Thumbtack, we’re creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
We’re a tight-knit team of product designers, researchers, and product writers working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.
As a Product Designer, you’ll work collaboratively and iteratively to turn complex problems into intuitive user experiences. You’ll own projects from conception to launch and measure success through data and user research. You’ll play a key role in roadmapping, feature design, and the quality of our products, and your work will impact both user and business goals.
- Design intuitive, human-centric flows and experiences on web, iOS, and Android
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers
- Use research and qualitative data to guide design and development decisions
- Analyze the success of your solutions and iterate
- Contribute to the visual design of our patterns and design system
- Present work and use design to build alignment and influence product direction
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product and executive teams
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years of experience
- Portfolio with a history of impactful projects that showcase your design process
- Demonstrate strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills along with a human-centric approach to designing products.
- A bias for action and tenacious focus on how your work impacts users and the business
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Fluency in commonly used design software and related tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, etc.)
- Experience with helping set product strategy through methods like design sprints, quarterly or yearly planning, and team brainstorms
- Experience setting a vision for a product experience
- Experience designing for a two-sided marketplace
- Prototyping skills (using Invision, HTML, CSS, Framer, Principle, etc.)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks:
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.