At League, we’re big on building connections – both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. We’re reimagining the health benefits experience to give people a more consumer-centric way to manage their health: immediate, seamless, and tailored to their unique needs. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. As a more senior member of the team, you also provide guidance to the team with openness and empathy.
You understand the business impact of your code and you enjoy working closely with a product manager to find the best solution for the problem at hand.
In this role, you will:
- Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven development team
- Implement new features and core services in the League platform
- Lead technical design discussions and inform implementation priority
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Mentor multiple engineers and lift the skills of others on the team
- Help to align technical strategy with business goalsLive our team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for our customers
- You have a minimum of 5 years backend development experience
- You enjoy delivering value to customers
- You have experience building scalable, fault-tolerant web services
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You understand how the web works and what a good API looks like
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
At League, everyone is welcome. We believe individuals should not be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you are an individual in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Application Process:
Applying to a role you love can be exhausting, and understanding the next steps can feel vague and uncertain. You have done the hard part of submitting your application; let’s do ours by sharing potential next steps
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League’s needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.