WordPress Blog Editor / Writer (non-UK)
Do you have 2+ years of professional writing and/or editing experience? Do you have prior experience with the WordPress content management system? If you’re nodding your head in agreement with the above questions, you could be our perfect candidate.
WordCandy is a content marketing agency that specializes in producing blog content for clients within the WordPress industry. We work with some of the biggest clients in WordPress, such as Elegant Themes, Beaver Builder, and WP Engine.
The company is based in the United Kingdom, but our team members are distributed worldwide. We are currently looking for a new editor and writer to join our team.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the WordPress platform, along with its various key plugins, themes, and associated tools, by way of practical use and experimentation
- Creating high-quality blog posts on a variety of topics, including WordPress-specific articles (how-tos, plugin/theme reviews, listicles, etc.) and posts on related subjects such as web hosting, small business, and technology
- Editing posts written by other team members, ensuring impeccable grammar, formatting, and style as well as factual accuracy and adherence to client-specific requirements
- Researching topics and keywords for new posts, based on client-specific requirements
- Solid writing and editing skills. You have several years of professional writing and/or editing experience under your belt (including blogging or other online content), and are passionate about writing for a living.
- WordPress experience. You have some experience creating content using the self-hosted WordPress platform.
- Tech savvy. You love mastering previously unknown software, web applications, etc., and have a foundation of tech savvy that enables you to pick such things up quickly.
- Comfort with a wide range of subjects. You’re able to write and edit content to a high standard about both WordPress (our primary niche) and other related topics. You’re also able to research and write authoritatively on unfamiliar topics as needed.
- Passion for learning. You love the idea of diving into a role where you’ll learn new things, and value constructive criticism as a means of boosting your skills and experience.
- A love for remote working. You value the flexibility and autonomy of a remote working arrangement, and have experience working under your own impetus.
- This is a remote, full-time, contractor (not employee) position
- Starting pay range: $36,000–$41,000 per year based on experience
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday–Friday
- Twenty days’ paid leave per year, plus a minimum of five days paid sick leave per year
- Annual pay increases linked to increased cost of living
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working from anywhere in the world
- Team member-led performance-related pay increase proposals (i.e., we encourage you to tell us when you think you deserve a raise)
- Opportunities for promotion to more senior positions
If you’re interested in the role, please submit your application below!
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy