Associate Director, SEO
Blavity Inc. is looking for a full-time Associate Director, SEO. As the leader of this critical new department, you will oversee all SEO strategy, best practices, and projects focused on search traffic growth (content and product) for Blavity Inc. and our growing number of O&O sites (Blavity, Travel Noire, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Shadow & Act, and more).
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of SEO growth with digital media publishers, while balancing high quality content and revenue. They will be deadline-oriented, collaborative, capable of juggling multiple projects for different stakeholders.
This role will report directly to the SVP, Commerce & Consumer Media
- Develop and lead SEO content strategy and roadmap, including, but not limited to, monitoring and improving keyword rankings, organic traffic,
- Partner with content leaders, product and commerce teams to build an integrated SEO content program that drives organic user growth to relevant content and to take lower-funnel actions (affiliate conversion, newsletter sign-up, etc.)
- Evaluate third-party enterprise SEO tools, engage vendors and create operations procedures in-house.
- Maintain deep understanding of Search specific KPIs, reporting and levers for growth, with a clear ability to articulate strategic approach, opportunities, and risks
- Manage and growth a talented SEO team comprised of full-time, part-time and external resources
- Synthesize data to make informed decisions, specifically in relation to key commerce KPIs with view on revenue growth and sessions
- Be a key stakeholder for SEO efforts around major e-commerce tentpole events like Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc
- Hit monthly search traffic goals as it pertains to SEO and improving SERP rankings
- Work closely with editorial leaders to craft creative content strategies to drive results in both short and long term
- Identify and provide stories to editors to update based on search traffic potential
- Keep up with industry trends and news
- Serve as a leader and subject matter expert on technical and content SEO to help define strategy and implement best practices.
- Create and maintain robust documentation around Blavity Inc.’s SEO Editorial strategy and best practices
- Improve search traffic and rankings on evergreen content and content that falls under seasonal tent poles, tracked by sessions coming from search to new and existing content, as well as measure changes in search ranking for updated content
- Education: BA/BS in Marketing or a related field preferred.
- Required Experience:
- 3-5 years of proven SEO experience in publishing (preferred), media, or at an in-house brand
- A proven track record with 5+ years of driving dramatic, sustained, organic traffic growth in competitive environments
- People management experience
- Experience with SEO tools, specifically Ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics (or equivalent)
- Google Analytics/Search Console fluency
- Experience using and interpreting data from tools like SEMRush, MOZ, Screaming Frog, ahrefs, etc.
- Strong Technical SEO experience
- Additional Qualifications:
- Hypothesis and data-driven mindset
- Positive, can-do attitude
- A strong collaborator with stellar communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Ability to present on SEO tactics with gravitas and clarity to Blavity Inc. team and central stakeholders
- Passion for understanding customers, their problems and experiences.
- An excellent teammate, takes ownership of their work, and contributes to the achievements of the team.
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
- This is a fully remote role, occasional travel may be required.
- Candidates must be available to work at least 50% in alignment with the Pacific Time Zone.
- The salary range for this role is $80,000 – $125,000.
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy