Director of Finance
We have been a 100% remote-first company since 2014 with a global team of ~140 today.
Our headquarters are just outside Washington DC. We meet together 1-2 times per quarter as a leadership team at HQ.
What are we doing at Uscreen?
Uscreen is a growing (and profitable) bootstrapped SaaS business revolutionizing the way that video creators & entrepreneurs monetize their content.
Uscreen provides an all-in-one video membership platform. We empower video-based entrepreneurs to monetize subscriptions, communities, courses, and live-streamed events across platforms (web, mobile, & TV).
25,000+ video creators sell, market, manage, & grow their businesses with Uscreen — and they generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue doing it.
As the Director of Finance, you will lead our new Finance Team and report to our COO You’ll work cross-functionally with product, go-to-market, and people operations to support growth at Uscreen. And you’ll partner closely with the Exec Team on strategic planning.
As the operational Finance Team lead, you’ll be responsible for three core functions:
- Accounting (past)
- Financial Operations (present)
- FP&A (future)
Our current Finance Team is lean – its composed of two full-time people in Financial Operations and an external Accounting firm.
In 2023, we will hire additional in-house full-time people across Accounting, Fin Ops, and FP&A to support our Finance needs.
If you’re passionate about building new things, collaborating cross-functionally, and working autonomously – this may be the role for you!
What you’ll do
- Assess and track Uscreen’s overall financial health – including financial metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure timely, accurate revenue reporting & expense controls
- Design, implement, and manage a cross-department procurement policy
- Create and maintain financial models and forecasts
- Drive the annual and quarterly planning processes
- Build and present monthly reporting packages for the senior management team and business-unit leaders
- Perform variance analyses (quantitative & qualitative) to understand historical operating performance versus forecasts
- Work with business-unit leaders to prepare and track budgets with regular reporting
- Assess financial strategy around the product roadmap, go-to-market (marketing, sales, & partnerships) opportunities, and other large capital expenditures
Do you have what it takes?
- 6+ years of finance-related experience
- 2+ years of finance experience at a tech start-up (SaaS experience is preferred)
- 2+ years of investment banking and/or management consulting experience
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills
- Understanding of GAAP financials and SaaS revenue recognition
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Operate with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable you to collaborate cross-functionally – with business-unit leaders and executives
- Excellent presentation & writing ability that allows you to communicate your ideas effectively
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment under short timelines and changing priorities
Our commitment to you
- We will compensate you competitively.
- 100% Remote – Work from wherever your heart desires, as long as you have access to stable internet and a conducive workspace.
- Our flexible, unlimited PTO policy encourages every team member to take the time they need to unwind and recharge.
- We also offer flexible parental leave.
- Your home office should be ergonomic and inspirational to help you make some magic. We’ll give you a generous WFH stipend to help you set one up.
- And if WFH is not for you, we’re happy to pay for your coworking space.
- We’re proud to offer personal development and mental wellness stipend.
- We host virtual social events and company retreats filled with fun activities to ensure you feel part of Uscreen
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy