Chief Financial Officer
Blavity Inc. is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to drive financial and strategic leadership for our rapidly growing business. You are a passionate, entrepreneurial, and financially-disciplined leader and mentor for our global organization.
Reporting to CEO and Founder, this individual will lead Blavity Inc.’s Finance and Administrative functions, and be a key business partner to the CEO and senior management team in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic and financial plans. While the CFO’s primary responsibilities will encompass all financial elements of the organization, this individual’s general business acumen, team leadership, and performance management will be equally important in successfully executing the CFO’s daily responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, data-driven Finance leader with operational finance experience, and well-versed in all aspects of financial management, ranging from accounting to financial reporting and corporate M&A. We are seeking a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a results-driven approach who has worked at a media or entertainment brand.
- Identify and monitor KPIs for business financial health and hold business and department units accountable for achieving KPIs.
- Oversee all aspects of financial, business administration, people operations and corporate health. This is to include but not be limited to all Accounting functions, Payroll, pricing, procurement, AR/AP, cash management, Controllership, and FP&A.
- Manage M&A conversations and potential business integrations.
- Serve as a member of the Blavity Inc C-Suite team and participate in strategic initiatives surrounding the operation and operating model of Blavity Inc.
- Strategic financial business partner to our Executive team that will provide guidance and sustainability that aids in growth, supported by financial and contextual data which tell the complete story and support recommended plans.
- Work with the team to assess and report on organizational performance including but not limited to monthly, YTD, annualized budget/forecast targets as well as long-term strategy. Analyze operations to identify re organization needs.
- Serve as Primary Contact for Investor Relations and Board Members and assume overall responsibility for consolidating our investor reports and Board presentations.
- Partner with Corporate Strategy & Director of People Operations to ensure key hires are in line with the annual plan and budget.
- Serve as key contact for internal and external audits.
- Guidance of SOX regulations within the organization to ensure operational and financial compliance is adhered to.
- Encourage positive motivation, growth orientation, and a collaborative environment in connection with key organizational values.
- Cultivate and grow a department culture through mentorship and guidance.
- Education: MBA, CPA, CGMA or CMA preferred
- Required Experience:
- Prior CFO or C-level experience
- 15+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Experience in media, ad tech, entertainment or adjacent industry required
- Previous experience in Investor Relations, HR and Board management
- Must have full understanding of IFRS and all audit compliance regulations.
- Technologies: Experience with Google Suite, payroll processing and finance/accounting software
- Additional Qualifications:
- You need to be a person of high talent AND high character, someone your colleagues would rave about as a rare first-class leader AND selfless colleague
- Exceptional analytic and communication abilities
- Be results-driven and experience operating in a fast-paced company with super high expectations
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a fully remote role, occasional travel may be required.
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy