Senior Visual Designer, Product
Senior Visual Designers at Mediacurrent produce beautiful, compelling work. They are thinkers and creators who consider the function of their products equal to aesthetics. They show excitement for digital thinking in everything they do.
Senior Visual Designers oversee design projects, from initial conception through to delivery, so you should be comfortable both leading and creating design solutions across a range of mediums. Strong typography, iconography and unique branding are the DNA of our visual language for interactive systems.
What you’ll do
- Be able to communicate and present work effectively to both client and internal teams
- Lead design on projects
- Participate in all project phases, from strategy to launch to optimization
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Liaise with production discipline and design team to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects for each client’s specific needs
- Be a team player and a positive addition to our company culture
- Interactive design experience
- Formal design training
- Fast and efficient contributor to project design
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse designs demonstrating a passion for design
- Impeccable execution and care for all aspects of design, from conceptual thinking to motion and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and present findings, and articulate design rationale
- A strong understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Motivated and organized, dedicated and accountable
- Careful attention to detail
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message
- Excellent working knowledge of design software Figma, Sketch, Principle, Zeplin and Invision
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and familiarity After Effects (or another animation platform in order to quickly animate designs)
- Excellent working knowledge of Keynote, PowerPoint and Google Slides
Mediacurrent is a remotely distributed, full-service Open Source product agency. We are part of the Code and Theory family of agencies and the larger Stagwell Global Network.
We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. We care about understanding all sides of a problem and tenaciously digging for solutions. We lead with informed opinions and don’t let ego get in the way of the right decision. We collaborate across disciplines and with our client partners as we push for the best work product.
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy