Director of Product Design
We bring ideas to life, serve as the voice of our users, and craft a meaningful and unified Dashlane experience.
Our Design team is a close-knit, collaborative group and brings together creative individuals with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and responsibilities. We believe in excellence and we strive for innovation. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we’re discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact our customers to create Dashlane’s market-defining products for our security platform.
About the role
We’re hiring a Director of Product Design to help shape the future of Dashlane. As a Design Director at Dashlane, you will oversee Design for our Growth and Delight domains, our core experience teams. You are a strategic visionary, but are also very comfortable diving into the day to day. Reporting to our Head of UX, you will manage your team’s career development and uphold Dashlane’s high bar of quality. You will drive our core product’s design and empower small and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
This role can be either in-person at any of our New York, Paris or Lisbon offices, or work remotely anywhere in our 3 countries. We offer relocation support.
At Dashlane you will
- Lead the development of the long-term vision and quarterly goals of the Product Design team.
- Partner with your cross-functional peers to inform the roadmap, drive increased cohesion of the user experience, and ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch.
- Lead and scale a team of product designers. You will provide guidance of their output, facilitating cross-functional partnerships and the design process.
- Promote an outstanding design practice, influence product strategy, and ensure product execution.
- Synthesize company-level goals to help teams across multiple product areas create remarkable design experiences.
- Provide mentorship and champion the craft and career development of your team, while creating a safe haven so designers can accomplish their best work.
- 8+ years of relevant design experience in digital product, 4+ years in people management
- A diverse portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team
- Fluency in English
We’re also looking for
- Experience thriving in a high energy environment with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality and driving excellence in Design for web and mobile products
- Experience managing product designers and the ability to build, mentor and motivate teams
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Experience building relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Data Science and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution
- Experience in design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations and tools
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy