Shopify is on a mission to bring more entrepreneurship to the world, and the Employer Brand team is a key driver of this mission. We want to build the best team in the world, and to do that – we need the best people.
Our Employer Brand team sits within Talent Acquisition, a team whose mission is to help attract and hire the best people into the right roles at the right time. Our goal on CRM and Marketing Automation is to stay engaged with a global audience of prospective talent across our platforms and to grow the affinity of Shopify as a top employer through storytelling.
We are looking for a Marketing Automation Lead to join our Talent Attraction team, and help us build and grow a world-class email marketing and marketing automation program to engage with our prospective candidates around the world while optimizing and maintaining the experience, technology, and systems related to our automation programs.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of building and managing impactful, data-driven email marketing and automation programs that drive activation, adoption, and retention across the talent lifecycle.
In this role you will:
- Plan, build, and execute industry leading email marketing, marketing automation campaigns to Shopify owned audiences using our marketing technology tools
- Build, test, and maintain dynamic email templates, marketing landing pages, data workflows, email automations and other tasks associated with our automated marketing campaigns
- Monitor and maintain a high standard of deliverability and sender reputation across our email platforms and properties
- Interpret customer data to identify triggers and behaviors that indicate potential life cycle changes
- Write queries to create segments that support marketing initiatives to drive our lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing Lead to build scalable marketing automation infrastructure, codebase, and processes across our email templates, data flows, automation and reporting
- Work closely with our brand marketing, creative, recruitment, and other teams to strategize, validate, and build one-off and complex automated email and cross-channel campaigns
- Collaborate with data science and talent operations teams to determine technical requirements to implement marketing automation functionality into our owned properties
- Analyze and report on past campaign performance, and identify areas for testing and improvement.
- Be a subject matter expert on email design, build, compliance and strategic best practices and tactics for the Talent organization.