Senior Accounting Manager
Discord is looking for a superstar Sr. Manager of Accounting to build and lead a high performing accounting organization as the company enters the next stage of its growth. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a startup environment and has proven success in establishing scalable and efficient operations. The Sr. Manager of Accounting is a key member of the Controllership team who will report into the Senior Director and bring analytical thinking, a growth mindset and an appetite for innovation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate and oversee execution of the month-end close and consolidation processes, including foreign currency remeasurement and translation, recording of accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, and other g/l accounts
- Identify ways to continuously optimize, streamline, and scale our accounting and close processes
- Drive implementation of new tools and enhancements in our newly implemented Oracle Fusion ERP system
- Partner with Finance and cross functional business partners to develop fluctuation and financial statements analytics that ensure the accuracy of the financial statements and inform business decisions.
- Lead the accounting team as a mentor and coach who focuses on development, growth, and building belonging
You’ll Thrive In This Role If you have
- A Bachelors’ degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA highly desired
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, with a strong knowledge of general ledger and consolidations accounting; 2+ years as a people manager
- A background in a multinational public company and/or pre-IPO/high growth company
- Experience in Oracle Fusion or other large scale ERP system as well as other integrated systems such as Blackline, Adaptive, Expensify, etc.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving and prioritization skills with a passion for continual improvement.
- An ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $147,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $117,600 /year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy
Do hou need help writing your resume? Try PurpleCV - CV Writing Services
Related job offers
Do you think that this offer is not related to remote jobs or violates our terms of service? Please report it and help us give you only valuable job offers.