Staff Internal Auditor
Ferguson has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Internal Auditor!
- Provide an independent and objective assurance and advisory service to senior management and the Audit Committee
- Implement high quality commercial, operational, financial, and compliance risk-based audit and advisory engagements consistent with Internal Audit methodology
- Support a team environment with strong dedication to meet departmental goals
- Appraise the effectiveness and efficiency of control procedures, systems and processes
- Potential to grow within Internal Audit and within the Ferguson business structure
Travel / Location:
- Average 20% travel requirement for in house collaboration, training and meetings.
- This position can be remote in the US. Available to work East Coast and Central Time Zone hours.
- Plan, implement, and report on audit work assigned by the Audit Manager/leads; develop into team lead on smaller engagements
- Liaise with a range of partners to develop relationships and facilitate the achievement of objectives
- Apply auditing principles and standards to evaluate complex records and operational systems
- Produce quality working papers to detail the tests performed, results and conclusions
- Coordinate and optimally communicate observations and corrective agreed actions verbally and in writing to audit clients
- Assist the Audit Manager/leads to prepare quality draft and final reports
- Follow up to ensure corrective agreed actions are achieved within agreed timescales
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- Certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.), or plan to attain within one year
- Experience of up to 2 years in the field
- Experience with internal controls and/or SOX related matters including system and process documentation desirable and including internships
- Preferred knowledge of Oracle, Workday, HFM, AuditBoard and Power BI
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- IT auditing and data analytics experience desirable
- Exceptional communication, presentation and persuasion skills required
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage deadlines
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection, and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal, holiday, and parental), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy