Staff Product Designer (Lifecycle)
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. At Webflow, we’re on a mission to enable everyone to create for the web — and empower our team to lead fulfilling, impactful lives while we do it.
We’re looking for a Staff Product Designer to lead design on our Lifecycle Pillar through experimentation, helping customers learn Webflow, and communicating opinionated end to end customer journeys cross functionally. You’ll be a key strategic, visionary design leader both on Lifecycle and across Webflow as a company.
About the role:
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
As a Staff Product Designer, you’ll …
- Define, drive, and review the most complex and mission-critical company projects by leading others, building key partnerships, and communicating cross functional design strategies and visions.
- Continually elevate the craft of design at Webflow and be a thought leader for high impact design decisions, mentoring fellow designers.
- Engage in and inspire honest and clear communication, promoting a culture of care, empathy, and respect within and across teams.
- Transform the design organization by promoting the value of design across engineering, product, and design in ways that enable designers to thrive and innovate at Webflow.
- Pioneer actionable, triangulated approach to data analysis and experimentation to measure the performance and success of our customer experience.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Product Designer if you:
- Have experience in Growth design making a high impact in complex, sometimes ambiguous problem spaces
- Like to have strong data-centric, customer-centric opinions that are loosely held
- Communicate, design, and document thoughtfully with specific audiences in mind
- Revel in measurable success that’s tied to both customer and business outcomes
- Value not only a vision and strategy but also the implementation and impact measurement of that vision and strategy
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act):
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you:
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Designer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You’ll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
This job offer was originally published on Jobicy