We’re looking for an SEO Specialist to manage all of our on-page SEO efforts. Publishing high-quality, value-packed content has been a core part of Help Scout’s marketing strategy for nearly a decade, and our SEO content strategy has continually been our most effective and consistent lever for growing the business.
As our on-page SEO Specialist, you’ll manage a site that already has a solid technical foundation and a ton of optimized, high-ranking content. Your job will be to maintain what’s already really strong — working alongside our SEO strategist — as well as to build upon that foundation to help us continue to grow via content and SEO.
This is a full-time, remote position.
For this role, we are looking for someone located between CST (UTC-6) and GMT (UTC) time zones in order to overlap with the team.
About the Role:
The SEO Specialist role is a member of our Growth Marketing team, so in this role, you will ultimately be accountable for increasing revenue from our search-optimized content.
Some of the work you may find yourself doing on a day-to-day basis includes:
- Conducting keyword research to identify topics we should cover on the Help Scout Blog.
- Conducting search intent research for the keywords you prioritize, and using that information to create detailed SEO briefs and outlines for our writers.
- Monitoring rankings for the keywords we’re targeting so you can quickly make/request updates to important posts that are dropping in the rankings.
- Writing titles and meta descriptions for new marketing site pages, and reviewing those pages to make sure they’re set up properly for SEO before they’re published.
- Managing the relationship with our off-page SEO consultant, prioritizing pages to focus on, and making updates to posts to help with off-page initiatives.
- Making minor edits and updates to existing content to improve rankings and gain featured snippets and other SERP features.
- Monitoring your key metrics (organic traffic, rankings, trials, demo requests, and — above all — revenue) and reporting on those metrics.
: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, our bands are between $99,000 to $107,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here
Please note that at this time, we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Norway.